“I highly recommend Wayne as a speaker and motivator. He provided a funny, warm, confronting keynote address for the launch of our social enterprise accelerator. He challenged my audience (and me!) to think about the barriers that we unwittingly create that excludes others. I think Wayne would be perfect for any organisation that wants to move beyond the mundane discussions of accessibility and accommodation to genuine cultural change.”
Cindy Reese Mitchell
Social Impact Strategist, University of Canberra
“On Monday, the Disability Employee Network marked International Day of People with Disability with a great event. Guest speakers Wayne Herbert and Jessica May were brave and generous in sharing their stories, offering humorous and thought-provoking insight into issues faced by people with disability."
Dr Martin Parkinson AC PSM
Secretary of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Social Futures wish to express our sincere gratitude for the insightful and entertaining speech you gave at our annual Social Futures Staff Dinner Event on Tuesday, 24 October 2017 in Lismore, NSW. Your insights into living with a disability resonated with our staff and we had a lot of positive feedback about not just your witty and engaging speech, but also what pleasure staff found in talking informally with you afterwards, in addition to very positive feedback about your book Anecdotes of a Disabled Gay.
Staff comments from the evening include:
• 'I adored the way Wayne added so much humour to his speech, which made for a really enjoyable evening'
• 'He has inspired me to be open about who I am'
• 'I wish he had talked for longer, I loved what Wayne was saying and the way he views life so positively'
• 'Wayne is a wonderful powerful role model for all people'
Prior to the event you consulted with our leadership team, fine-tuning your speech to sit effectively with our organisation's activities and values. We appreciated your professionalism and would recommend you to any other organisation wanting an inspiring guest speaker with a great depth of knowledge and wisdom.
Executive Manager, People and Quality, Social Futures
Wayne is a prominent, in-demand public speaker, presenter, advocate and writer promoting the rights and opportunities for people with disability and people in the LGBTIQ community. He is the Deputy Director of People and Planning at LEAD, the Deputy Chairperson of the ACT Government LGBTIQ Advisory Council, the Chairperson of Network of Employment and Training Agencies and a member of the ACT Disability Reference Group amongst other roles. Wayne is not just an advocate for inclusion, he understands first-hand what the issues are and how they impact people with disability and marginalised groups such within the community.
ACT Chief Ministers Awards
Thank you once again for presenting at The PSC Exchange, where we had the opportunity to reach out to HR officials and hiring managers from nearly 60 Canadian Federal Public Service organizations.
Your presentation on diversity and inclusion was inspiring and very well received by participants.
Your presentation was the perfect addition to our program and a timely spark to encourage the ever important discussion on how we can further remove barriers and inspire more inclusive recruitment strategies, as we continue on our journey to modernize staffing towards a more diverse and inclusive Public Service.
I look forward to keeping in touch.
President of the Public Service Commision, Canada
• Excellent presentation - engaging & informative
• Amazing presenter with a lifting and important reality to what is only my perception. Thank you.
• Nice to have an international speaker. Wayne was very entertaining!!
• Wayne was funny and open about the obstaceles he has faced in his life, provided excellent information about diversity support in Australia
• I just sat back and enjoyed every minute, Wayne was inspiring, funny and has a strong message to increase champions, hire the peson, he is good and his message by Lady GaGa, baby you were born this way. Thank you for inviting Wayne.
• Hilarious and honest!
• Simply brilliant
• Also an excellent Keynote that made us uncomfortable in a good way. He invoked thought!
• Great presenter...he is so full of energy and really challenged your way of thinking through the use of humor.
• Wayne was very eloquent and put an excellent twist of humour onto a very serious topic.
• Wayne was funny and engaging and talked a lot about issues that affect many clients. great takeaway point about do we really need to ask some of these invasive questions before the client has any 'trust' in us.
Comments from Delagates at the Conference